This is the data protection privacy notice for Techspert.io Ltd company number 09874279.
Last updated: May 2018
Techspert.io Limited Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and case/examples where we collect your personal data.
When it comes to your privacy we never compromise. Techspert is the Data Controller of your personal information and Techspert are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA204299.
We will always be clear about why we need the details we ask for, and ensure your personal information is kept as secure as possible. How we do this is explained below.
Techspert is committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with data protection regulation and aim to maintain consistently high levels of best practice in our processing of personal and/ or sensitive personal data.
Techspert will use your personal information as set out below.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Techspert.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this document/page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – https://www.Techspert.io/.
Techspert and our Data Protection Officer
We have a dedicated data protection officer (“DPO”). You can contact the DPO by writing to us at Techspert.io Limited, CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD, marking it for the attention of the DPO or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all products and services, if relevant, includes:
• Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history;
• Your date of birth, gender and/or age;
• Records of your contact with us such as via the phone and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services;
• Products and services, you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held;
• Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you;
• Information on your occupation, career, scientific or research background and or qualifications.
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
• From you directly
• Information generated about you when you use our products and services;
• Business partners for example. and others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business;
• From other publicly available sources such as publications, patents, clinical trials, social media, internet or news articles.
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed above, for the following purposes:
• To assess the relevancy of expertise requests to your expertise. Therefore, ensuring that we facilitate highly valuable connections for customers and experts
• To provide educational services
• Managing any aspect of the product or service;
• To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes;
• To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners;
• To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies;
• For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting;
• To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels;
• To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services;
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance;
• To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
Assessing an application for a product or service you hold with us and managing the product or service; including
• To provide educational services which may be offered to you
• All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts; and
• For some of our profiling and other automated decision making to decide whether to offer you a product and/or service, particular payment method and the price or terms of this.
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
• Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records, and facilitating valuable consultancy between experts and customers.
• For management and audit of our business operations including accounting;
• To administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required for AGM processes;
• For market research and analysis and developing statistics
• Subject to the appropriate controls, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses;
• For some of our profiling and other automated decision making; and
• Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
To comply with our legal obligations
With your consent or explicit consent:
• For some direct marketing communications;
• For some of our profiling and other automated decision making;
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
For Legal and Regulatory reasons, we may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
• Business partners (e.g. your employer or fleet management company), others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business;
• If necessary, the Police and their nominated support organisations
• Market research organisations who help us to develop and improve our products and services.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or in writing at: Techspert, CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply, for example, if you are using one our services outside of the European Economic Area.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records either in writing at Techspert , CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD or by using the details in the Contact Us page of this website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
• For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations;
• For as long as we provide goods and/or services to; and/or
• Retention periods in line with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
• The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
• The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
• The right to object to processing of your personal information;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
• The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
• The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
• The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
• Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws – https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us in writing at Techspert , CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD using the details on our Website.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us in writing at Techspert , CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD to exercise these rights.
What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (e.g. Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us in writing at Techspert , CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD or by following the instructions in the communication.
From offers and promotions to sound and video, the aim of the Techspert website is to be interesting, helpful and informative. We’re keen to find out what you like and dislike – your feedback plays a key role in helping us improve the site. We use many techniques to follow your use of the site and provide you with a customised experience. The main and best-known technique is by using what are known as ‘cookies’.
Cookies are small data files that a website will put on your device, which in turn sends information back to the website. They cannot affect your device, but they do collect information that can be used to enhance the site.
Rest assured that the cookies we use do not store personal details, such as payment card numbers.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us using the details on our website. Alternatively, you can write to Techspert, CB1 Business Centre, 20 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2JD, marking it for the attention of the DPO.