Business Development Manager
At techspert.io we have a vision of a world with truly democratised access to knowledge and insight. Ecosystems where access to expertise is never a barrier to innovation, but rather a tool to promote collaboration, technological advancement, and societal progression.
To achieve this, we have built an AI-driven software platform that understands the world’s knowledge. We apply these algorithms to help companies identify and engage to world-leading experts to advise on any given topic.
Headquartered in Cambridge, techspert.io is a small but rapidly growing scale-up, with sights set on expanding our existing client base and market penetration around the EU, US, and APAC.
New hires have the opportunity to join a funded technology company at an exciting period of rapid growth, existing at the forefront of redefining how companies compete globally.
- Leading qualification calls with sales leads brought in from our outbound team as well as inbound leads.
- Managing end of funnel pipeline progression, optimising for sales velocity and close rate.
- Developing business with high-value accounts to accelerate revenue growth, driving up- and cross-selling efforts.
- Helping design, implement, and optimise strategic plans for global sales growth, with a primary focus across EU & US.
- Experience selling in B2B/enterprise software. We are looking for candidates who can translate an existing understanding of enterprise sales alongside a developed understanding of our offering to position techspert.io effectively in the market.
- Ability for creative problem-solving. We’re a small and quickly expanding company, and things move fast – we come up against new situations all the time, and we’d like you to be innovative and proactive in how you get us through them.
- Strong communication skills. Whether you’re talking to our clients or collaborating within our team, this will be vital.
- Tenacity and entrepreneurial mindset. In a high-growth startup like techspert.io, you’ll have opportunity after opportunity to grow our business – and your responsibility – through your efforts. We’d like to hire someone who has the drive and vision to take full advantage of every chance they’re given.
- Qualities of an aspiring leader. You’ll be provided an opportunity to build out a team and manage and increasing set of responsibilities as you grow within our company. We’d love for you to have demonstrated experience in leading a team and understanding the complexities this entails.
- 2+ years of experience in a sales function for enterprise software, with a strong track record to match.
- An understanding of the market for primary market research.
- Starting salary extremely competitive within the space.
- Attractive uncapped commission-based incentives coupled to success.
- Share options commensurate with experience and delivery on key internal targets.
- Rapid promotional ladder based on agreed targets.
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting start-up environment
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays)
- 10 weeks' paid leave for new parents
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family via BabylonHealth
- Comfortable open office with kitchen, games console and rooftop terrace with regular socials
- Unlimited tea, coffee, & office snacks
- Employee perks scheme via Perkbox
- Scope for global travel
We welcome speculative applications, so whether we’re recruiting for a specific position at the moment or not, feel free to contact us if you have an idea as to how you think you might be able to contribute to our work, or just to find out more about the company. If you would like to apply for a job with us, you can do that by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/nwqUyW2xvHU69ecn7 . If you don’t have a Google account, feel free to apply by email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send any careers-related queries to Amrit at email@example.com
In accordance with our equality and diversity policy, we’re committed to making our workplace a safe and welcoming one for anyone. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something to contribute regardless of your background, and if there are any adjustments to the application process that might make it more suitable for you, or if you’d like to talk about accessibility in our workplace, please do contact us.