Business Development Representative
At techspert.io we have a vision of a world with truly democratised access to knowledge and insight. Ecosystems where access to expertise is never a barrier to innovation, but rather a tool to promote collaboration, technological advancement, and societal progression.
To achieve this, we have built an AI-driven software platform that understands the world’s knowledge. We apply these algorithms to help companies identify and engage to world-leading experts to advise on any given topic.
Headquartered in Cambridge, techspert.io is a small but rapidly growing scale-up, with sights set on expanding our existing client base and market penetration around the EU, US, and APAC.
New hires have the opportunity to join a funded technology company at an exciting period of rapid growth, existing at the forefront of redefining how companies compete globally.
- Performing cold prospecting to potential leads via phone, email, and social networking.
- Qualifying inbound leads using our refined methodologies.
- Booking meetings for our Business Development Managers.
- Helping design and implement our global-focused sales strategy to improve pipeline velocity and close rate.
- Maintaining meticulous records in our CRM.
- Passionate about technology. We are using technology to break into an antiquated market. We need candidates who love technology and can pass that passion onto our customers.
- Resilient, unafraid of a challenge. In sales you’re going to hear the word no a lot. We need people that can push through the no’s and find the clients that will truly benefit from our solution.
- Strong communication skills. Whether you’re talking to our clients or collaborating within our team, this will be vital.
- Desire to build a long-term career. This role is designed to be a steppingstone within techspert.io. We are looking for people that are eager to learn and move up within the company
- Ability to work well independently and as a team. We’re a small close-knit team that is rapidly growing. We all need to get along, but handle not having constant direction
- Previous sales experience, particularly with a SaaS or tech based product
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system
- Knowledge of the healthcare, pharma, or biotech industries
- Starting salary of £21-23,000, with £30k OTE.
- Attractive uncapped commission-based incentives coupled to success
- Share options commensurate with experience and delivery on key internal targets.
- Rapid promotional ladder based on agreed targets (target <6 months to first promotion).
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting start-up environment
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays)
- 10 weeks' paid leave for new parents
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family via BabylonHealth
- Comfortable open office with kitchen, games console and rooftop terrace with regular socials
- Unlimited tea, coffee, & office snacks
- Employee perks scheme via Perkbox
We welcome speculative applications, so whether we’re recruiting for a specific position at the moment or not, feel free to contact us if you have an idea as to how you think you might be able to contribute to our work, or just to find out more about the company. If you would like to apply for a job with us, you can do that by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/nwqUyW2xvHU69ecn7 . If you don’t have a Google account, feel free to apply by email instead to email@example.com .
Send any careers-related queries to Amrit at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with our equality and diversity policy, we’re committed to making our workplace a safe and welcoming one for anyone. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something to contribute regardless of your background, and if there are any adjustments to the application process that might make it more suitable for you, or if you’d like to talk about accessibility in our workplace, please do contact us.