Business Development Analytics Internship Summer 2020
techspert.io is a fast-growing technology startup based nearby to the historic city centre of Cambridge, UK. We’ve developed AI-driven technology to revolutionise how knowledge is indexed, identified, and sourced within the healthcare and life sciences sectors, and beyond. Our mission is to disrupt the expert network industry using cutting-edge machine learning technology.
We index and rank over 100 million experts (using ML methodology) globally for their suitability to speak on any niche, digging into exactly which data-points on influence and knowledge predict likelihood of accurate and successful consultancy. Our data covers every country, every language, and every niche, ensuring for clients that we can provide unrivalled access to the best expertise no matter how specific or rare an expertise request may be.
We’re currently a 30-person team and growing rapidly. The environment here is lean and agile; we prioritise fast growth with an exciting environment to match. Successful applicants will join as early employees, with significant opportunity to impact our primary business activities.
We love taking interns – we’ve done it several times before and have always found them to be great contributors to the company’s work. We’re therefore offering a unique opportunity this summer – we’re open to applications from students between A levels and university; final year students on undergraduate courses; masters or PhD students; or recent graduates.
If you’re successful, you’ll be working alongside our team for 6-10 weeks this summer in our Cambridge office, located a stone’s throw from the historic city centre (please see below on our current working set up). You’ll get experience of a wide range of activities as you contribute to our work, and you’ll also take responsibility for an independent project to complete during your internship.
As an intern, you’ll work in a specific area of Business Development Analytics:
- Role: You’ll be part of the market-building team, using your own initiative to hunt for the right people for us to be contacting and building new workflows for us to try in our outreach process. You’ll be trained to use Linkedin navigator, salesforce, salesloft and hubspot.
Once you’re here, we’ll decide together on a topic for your independent project. In this way, we can tailor a project to your individual strengths, and find something that you are excited about and will help you develop the skills you want to focus on, while also being valuable to our business. To get a better idea of the types of projects you might be working on and what life is like for an intern here at techspert.io, check out the blog posts from two of our amazing interns from last year, Tara and Preben, here.
- You could be at any stage of your post A-level education.
- Ability for creative problem-solving is essential for anyone working with us. We’re a small and quickly expanding company, and things move fast – we come up against new situations all the time, and you should be innovative and proactive in how you get us through them.
- Relevant education.
- Importantly, you have a desire to work in a startup, and enthusiasm to develop your skills working on real-world problems.
Compensation & details of employment:
- Interns working in our tech teams will be paid at a rate of £21,000 per annum pro rata dependent on role and experience – that’s £4,000 for a 10-week internship.
- Employment will be for 6-10 weeks – we’re flexible within this range, and flexible on your start date.
- Please note, at the point of advertising this position we are working remotely as a company due to the Coronavirus. We are unsure, at this time how long this policy will be implemented. Therefore, we would like to make all applicants aware that this may well be a remote internship. You will be provided with a laptop and any other equipment required to be effective. This is a fully supported role, so whilst you may be working from home, you will be in constant contact and support with the team and your mentor.
- Exciting startup environment!
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days paid leave per year pro rata plus public holidays (works out as around 5 days off in a 10-week placement).
- Comfortable open office with kitchen, games console, rooftop terrace and regular socials – and unlimited tea, coffee and office snacks!
If you are interested, please apply below using the application form, supplying a CV and cover letter.
Please make your cover letter around 300 words, and address the following questions:
1. What are you looking to get out of this internship?
2. What can you contribute?
Applications close on Friday 10th April
If you have any questions about the company, the application process or anything else, feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!