Senior Data Scientist
Techspert.io is shaking up the knowledge exchange space. We have experienced rapid growth and very strong demand for our services. The expert connection industry is ripe for automation, and we have gained a compelling first-mover advantage in the space.
We are seeking a data scientist to work on the machine-learning-based search and ranking algorithms that we use to find the best experts to speak on any topic. Our software mines data from all over the world, analysing it to build models of expertise, as well as the links between experts and their field more widely to evaluate their influence.
As a data scientist, your duties would include working on these exciting systems, with plenty of scope to design your own systems working with our large, fuzzy datasets, and try out all the flashy new analysis techniques you’d like!
- Working closely with the tech team to develop new features and modules of our platform to improve functionality and value for customers.
- Working independently and creatively to solve problems and devise solutions, ensuring that the platform is continually improving and becoming more valuable, defensive and scalable.
- Experience programming and analysing data in Python.
- A very good practical understanding of the main machine learning methods.
- High level of understanding of data science and/or network science.
- High standard bachelor's degree in a highly numerate subject (maths, physics, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- Previous experience using machine learning methods in a commercial setting.
- Experience with Node.js or the cloud (specifically AWS or GCP)
- Salary of £40-60,000 dependent on experience.
- Share options in the company to the value of a percentage of your salary.
- Exciting start-up environment
- Unlimited tea, coffee, & office snacks
- Comfortable open office with kitchen, games console and rooftop terrace with regular socials
- Employee perks scheme via Perkbox including 1 free coffee per week at Caffe Nero, 1 free cinema ticket per month, subsidised gym membership, and 100s of other retail and wellbeing discounts
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family via BabylonHealth
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays)
We welcome speculative applications, so whether we’re recruiting for a specific position at the moment or not, feel free to contact us if you have an idea as to how you think you might be able to contribute to our work, or just to find out more about the company. If you would like to apply for a job with us, you can do that by filling in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/n05yPV9pat3y7Pfu2. If you don’t have a Google account, feel free to apply by email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send any careers-related queries to Amrit at email@example.com.
In accordance with our equality and diversity policy, we’re committed to making our workplace a safe and welcoming one for anyone. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something to contribute regardless of your background, and if there are any adjustments to the application process that might make it more suitable for you, or if you’d like to talk about accessibility in our workplace, please do contact us.