Operations Manager / Co-ordinator
We're looking for a talented generalist to join our operations team and work on the critical background processes that support our company's growth.
The job advertised is for an Operations Manager / Co-ordinator.
If you’re successful in applying to us, you’ll work closely with our Operations Director, joining him as only the second employee in the operations team. You’ll work on a wide variety of tasks in areas including accounting & finance, HR, recruitment, and compliance, providing the organisational support that our fast-moving company needs to thrive.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing tech start-up as an early employee, so there will be plenty of scope for your role to evolve and for you to take on responsibilities whenever you see them. Working in the operations team, you’ll get a great view of everything that goes on in the company, which also makes the position a great learning opportunity.
You and the Operations Director will work out over your first few months which tasks you’re best suited for and prefer, how you’ll split responsibilities between you, but possibilities for your specific responsibilities include:
- Managing and optimising our accounting systems for complex client projects, working with our business development team and external accountants.
- Handling the recruitment of new employees, from posting job adverts to onboarding.
- Using, managing and refining our HR systems and policies for annual leave, sick leave, and so on.
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operational processes generally.
- Researching laws and regulations in order to inform our practical decisions in areas like HR/employment procedures, immigration and payroll.
- Paying and tracking invoices, bills and expenses, and payments to our expert consultants.
- Managing our office space to ensure staff have the tools and environment they need to be productive.
- Very organised. Given how wide your responsibilities will be, it’s important that you’re able to keep track of many tasks simultaneously and prioritising effectively between them.
- You need to be highly creative and a great problem-solver. Our company’s growing quickly and we come up against new situations all the time: you need to be innovative, fast and proactive in how you create the processes necessary for us to handle them.
- A quick learner. When you come up against a new situation, you need to be able to research best practice, laws and regulations to come up with an answer for how we should move forward quickly.
- Good with computers. We use a wide variety of software and online services which you’ll have to become comfortable with very quickly – you should be entirely comfortable with computers, a quick learner when it comes to new software.
- You should have a good head for numbers. Accounting and finance tasks at the core of the company’s health are a big part of this role – you need to be able to spot when the result of a sum just doesn’t seem right and investigate further.
- You have good communication and collaboration skills. You’ll be constantly talking, exchanging messages, and emailing back and forth with your colleagues, our experts, clients and suppliers, and you need to be able to tailor your communication appropriately to the situation.
Compensation and details of employment:
- A salary of £21-26,500 (dependent on experience).
- Share options in the company to the value of a proportion of your salary.
- Annual bonus related to company performance.
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Exciting start-up environment
- Unlimited tea, coffee, & office snacks
- Comfortable open office with kitchen, games console and rooftop terrace with regular socials
- Employee perks scheme via Perkbox including 1 free coffee per week at Caffe Nero, 1 free cinema ticket per month, subsidised gym membership, and 100s of other retail and wellbeing discounts
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family via BabylonHealth
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays)
We welcome speculative applications, so whether we’re recruiting for a specific position at the moment or not, feel free to contact us if you have an idea as to how you think you might be able to contribute to our work, or just to find out more about the company. If you would like to apply for a job with us, you can do that by filling in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/n05yPV9pat3y7Pfu2. If you don’t have a Google account, feel free to apply by email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send any careers-related queries to Amrit at email@example.com.
In accordance with our equality and diversity policy, we’re committed to making our workplace a safe and welcoming one for anyone. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something to contribute regardless of your background, and if there are any adjustments to the application process that might make it more suitable for you, or if you’d like to talk about accessibility in our workplace, please do contact us.