Senior Python Developer
techspert.io is a fast-growing technology startup based nearby to the historic city centre of Cambridge, UK. We’ve developed AI-driven technology to revolutionise how knowledge is indexed, identified, and sourced within the healthcare and life sciences sectors, and beyond. Our mission is to disrupt the expert network industry using cutting-edge machine learning technology.
We index and rank over 100 million experts (using ML methodology) globally for their suitability to speak on any niche, digging into exactly which data-points on influence and knowledge predict likelihood of accurate and successful consultancy. Our data covers every country, every language, and every niche, ensuring for clients that we can provide unrivalled access to the best expertise no matter how specific or rare an expertise request may be.
We’re currently a 30-person team and growing rapidly. The environment here is lean and agile; we prioritise fast growth with an exciting environment to match. Successful applicants will join as early employees, with significant opportunity to impact our primary business activities.
We're on the look out for a highly passionate and talented Python Developer to join our tech team. You will be at the heart of an exciting, rapidly growing start-up, building an AI-driven platform for mapping the world's expertise and facilitating faster global knowledge exchange. You'll be part of our growing team, working with a fast expanding team of enthusiastic developers and implementing front end development best practices.
- High competency in Python
- Experience with AWS (especially Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, API Gateway)
- Comfort with Bash scripting
- 3-5 years’ experience of software development in a commercial setting.
- Experience in:
- Building SaaS products in a commercial setting
- Implementing a product to scale with demand
- You’re creative, a independent problem-solver. Our company’s growing and our software is evolving quickly, so we come up against new situations all the time: you need to be innovative, fast and proactive
- Communication and collaboration skills. You’ll be working closely with the rest of our software development team, and collaborating with our client-facing teams – your users – to refine and understand requirements.
- You’d like to work in a startup. The startup environment is a unique one, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to take on responsibility, adapt your role, and influence the company’s strategy.
- Passionate about technology. Our mission is to use our AI tech to disrupt an inefficient and stagnant sector. We need candidates who will be motivated by our values and support our mission!
Compensation and details of employment:
- Competitive Salary
- Share options in the company to the value of a proportion of your salary.
- Annual bonus related to company performance.
- This is a full-time, permanent position, to be based in our Cambridge office.
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting start-up environment
- Generous social budget with regular activities.
- Employee perks scheme via Perkbox.
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family via BabylonHealth.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays).
- 10 weeks' paid leave for new parents.
- Pension scheme with 3.5% employer contribution.
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location.
We welcome speculative applications, so whether we’re recruiting for a specific position at the moment or not, feel free to contact us if you have an idea as to how you think you might be able to contribute to our work, or just to find out more about the company. If you would like to apply for a job with us, you can do that by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/nwqUyW2xvHU69ecn7 . If you don’t have a Google account, feel free to apply by email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send any careers-related queries to Kirsty, our Talent Manager, at email@example.com, or call at +44 (0) 1223 643 923.
In accordance with our equality and diversity policy, we’re committed to making our workplace a safe and welcoming one for anyone. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something to contribute regardless of your background, and if there are any adjustments to the application process that might make it more suitable for you, or if you’d like to talk about accessibility in our workplace, please do contact us.