VP of Software Development
We're building technology to transform the way specialist insight is shared around the world, using AI that understands the world's knowledge.
We are looking for a VP of Software Development to join us on our mission. You will be responsible for leading and managing a fantastic team of developers to build a platform that applies our industry-leading AI to meet our customers needs. You'll work togther with the CTO and product team to define and implement your development strategy and to grow the development team to meet your objectives. You'll join of our growing team of enthusiastic developers implementing agile front end best practices.
- Experience in leading development teams to develop innovative products
- Experience in agile practices for product development
- Working knowledge of the full web stack, from REST services and APIs to back-end web service frameworks
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building B2B enterprise software
- You’re creative, an independent problem-solver. Our company’s growing and our software is evolving quickly, so we come up against new situations all the time: you need to be innovative, fast and proactive
- Communication and collaboration skills. You’ll be working closely with the rest of our software development team, and collaborating with our client-facing teams – your users – to refine and understand requirements.
- You’d like to work in a startup. The startup environment is a unique one, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to take on responsibility, adapt your role, and influence the company’s strategy.
- Passionate about technology. Our mission is to use our AI tech to disrupt an inefficient and stagnant sector. We need candidates who will be motivated by our values and support our mission!
Compensation and details of employment:
- Extremely competitive salary within the space
- Share options in the company to the value of a proportion of your salary
- Annual bonus related to company performance
- Full-time, permanent position, based in our Cambridge office
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting start-up environment
- Generous social budget with regular activities
- Employee perks scheme via Perkbox
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family via Babylon Health
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays)
- Pension scheme with 3.5% employer contribution
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location
We welcome speculative applications, so whether we’re recruiting for a specific position at the moment or not, feel free to contact us if you have an idea as to how you think you might be able to contribute to our work, or just to find out more about the company. If you would like to apply for a job with us, you can do that by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/nwqUyW2xvHU69ecn7 . If you don’t have a Google account, feel free to apply by email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send any careers-related queries to Amrit at email@example.com
In accordance with our equality and diversity policy, we’re committed to making our workplace a safe and welcoming one for anyone. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something to contribute regardless of your background, and if there are any adjustments to the application process that might make it more suitable for you, or if you’d like to talk about accessibility in our workplace, please do contact us.